First time central heating
What are first time central heating grants?
At Mersey Eco Grants, one of our main goals is to help eradicate Fuel Poverty in the UK. First Time Central Heating Grants are available to any household (homeowner or private renter) who currently have electric heating, gas / electric storage or no heating at all. If you receive one the qualifying benefits you may be eligible. We want to ensure that those who most need support are made aware of the grants available.
Why are the first time central heating grants free?
Under the government backed ECO3 scheme, the key objective is to reduce fuel poverty. This grant enables households to reduce the bills and increase their energy efficiency. This funding is made available through the 6 big energy companies.
Could I be eligible?
If you don’t have gas central heating and have never had a central heating system previously, you could be entitled to a complete gas central heating system (boiler and radiators) for free! Here is the qualifying criteria:
- Homeowner or private renter (with landlord’s permission)
- Receiving a qualifying benefit
- If you live in a Housing Association grants are only available on properties with Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E, F or G
- If you live in a rented property grants are only available to rented properties with an EPC rating of A, B, C, D or E and landlord permission is always required to complete the installation grant application process (the installer can help you with this)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Child Benefit
- Child Tax Credit
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit (Guarantee)
- Employment and support allowance (income-related)
- Jobseeker’s allowance (Income-based)
- Income Support
- Industrial injuries disablement benefit
- Mobility supplement
- Personal independence payment
- Severe disablement allowance
- Universal credit
- War Pension Mobility Supplement
- Working tax credit
If you think you could be entitled to free first time central heating then please complete our short Enquiry form here, and select ‘First Time Central Heating’ on the subject. One of our friendly team will be in touch within 1 working day. If accepted, you could be enjoying free central heating and reduced bills within 3-4 weeks!
For further information about this scheme please visit the Ofgem website.