Green Home Grants
Green Home Grants
home be green
We are extremely excited by the Government’s new Green Home Grants initiative and want to let everyone in the North West know how it works and how we can help them. In short, this is a great way to invest in energy efficiency measures for your home, which could save you up to £600 per year, with the government paying two thirds of the cost (up to a value of £5,000). This scheme is for everybody and applies whether you are a homeowner, or if you rent your home.
As an example, you can invest up to £7,500 on energy saving measures in your property (subject to how the scheme works) and it will only cost you £2,500. Furthermore, if you are classified in a low- income category, there is up to £10,000 available without you having to make any contribution at all. Visit the Government website to see what you are eligible for.
Who is eligible for the scheme?
The scheme aims to support everybody living in England and Wales. This applies to homeowners, landlords and private / social housing tenants. If you are a tenant, you can contact your landlord with the measures you think could help to make your home more energy-efficient and could also increase the value of the property.
How does the scheme work?
The best way to find out how this scheme could benefit you and your home is to complete the pro forma on the government endorsed Simple Energy Advice website. This will tell you what measures you can apply for with your voucher.
On completion of the pro forma, you will then be directed to a list of approved TrustMark and or Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) registered tradespeople in your local area to carry out the work.
When the works are agreed, you can then apply for the voucher via Green Home Grant on the government’s website.
To agree your works plan, you will first need to determine which primary measures will be suitable for your home to qualify for the funding:
- solid wall, under-floor, cavity wall or roof insulation
- air source or ground source heat pump
- solar thermal
- biomass boilers
You can then apply for the following secondary measures. (Please note that the amount of funding for secondary measures is capped by the amount of funding you access through your primary measure.)
What secondary measures can I choose?
Secondary measures can be any of the following: –
- double or triple/secondary glazing, when replacing single glazing
- upgrading to energy efficient doors
- hot water/appliance tank thermostats and heating controls
How do I take advantage of the scheme?
To differentiate us from the competition we have come up with an estimate form.
Simply input the key details about your home and select what you would like to spend your voucher on.
To get the voucher you’ll need to provide an actual quote on the government portal. We’ll create that for you based on what you tell us on the estimator form. Here’s the process broken down into steps to make it easier to understand:
- Fill in our simple estimator form
- You’ll be emailed a quote that will tell you approximately how much your selected ‘Green Home Grants’ service will cost. It will also show how much the service will cost you after deducting your voucher and what value of voucher you should apply for.
- Now it’s time to apply for your voucher! Simply go to the Government website, upload your quote and select Mersey Eco Grants as your supplier.
- Once you are ready to move forward with the work just let us know by calling 01772 965 995, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us on Facebook.
- At this point, we’ll book you in for your free home efficiency survey – this will provide you with the exact cost of the energy saving services.
- Once you have your voucher we can book you in to get the works done. You will need to send it to us before the works actually start.
- Once the service has been finished we’ll invoice you for the balance, which you have 14 days to pay. The Government pays us the voucher value directly.
- Now the hard bit’s done and you can start enjoying the savings and helping the planet!